MIDEL eN 1215
Manufactured and available in the USA, MIDEL eN 1215 is a versatile, fire-safe transformer fluid. Made from a renewable soya source, it outperforms mineral oil and delivers real benefits to utilities and transformer manufacturers.
Fire safe fluid
Safety is critical. MIDEL eN 1215 has a 100% fire safety record for unrivalled risk mitigation. Certified as K-class, its low flammability and high fire point (>300ºC) makes it the safest choice of transformer fluid.
With the reassurance of a protected network comes the benefit of cost savings. Reduced need for fire suppression and containment systems offer tangible financial advantages.
The renewable raw material base of MIDEL eN 1215 gives it a lower carbon footprint compared to mineral oil. Fully biodegradable, it is less harmful to soil, and is non-water hazardous in case of spillage.
Compared to mineral oil, MIDEL eN 1215 has the potential to absorb substantially more water without affecting dielectric properties.
Extended asset lifetime
MIDEL eN 1215 is scientifically proven to prolong the ageing of cellulose insulation at standard temperatures.
Do you need to run your transformer harder? Or for longer than originally intended?
Do you need to use smaller, lighter transformers?
The versatility of MIDEL eN 1215 guarantees performance over a standard lifetime, even when power output or temperature is increased.
- MIDEL saves lives, damage to property and the environment
- It saves money while enabling innovation
- Increased fire safety
- Greater environmental protection
- Asset life extension
- Superior moisture tolerance
- UL® Classified
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Excellent customer service
- Expert technical support
- Sealed distribution transformers in urban areas and buildings
- Sealed power transformers up to 238 kV
- Sealed rectifier transformers
- Sealed pole-type transformers
- Retrofilling of sealed transformers